How many teachers in each class?
- Two caring and experienced teachers in each class and an aide for part of the day.
What is the student to teacher ratio?
- Each classroom has a low student to teacher ratio with 1:3 for Toddlers, 1:4 for older 2’s, 1:8 for 3’s and no more than 1:10 for 4- and 5-year-olds.
How long is the school day?
- The Morning Program runs from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm. Children eat their snack and lunch in their classroom.
This will be my child’s first experience at school. What do you do to help with this transition?
- We have home visits where teachers visit your home to meet children before school starts
- We have small group visits where the parent and child visit the school for one hour before school starts
- We have a shorter school day for the youngest children for the first week
- Our teachers are experienced in working with families going through the process of separation
- We also offer “Tea and Tissues” for new parents to meet after drop off the first week of school while current parents check on children and communicate back to new parents
Do kids spend time outside?
- Yes, CCBC has two outdoor play areas. Weather permitting, children will play for up to an hour between the two spaces. Between the Courtyard and the Playground, the children are able to play on scooters, trikes, plasma cars, and big wheels. Children can play in the sandbox, hide in the tunnel, climb up the rope wall and go down the slide, and run around.
When are applications due and when are open houses?
- New student applications are due February 10, 2024
- Open Houses start in November. Open Houses have concluded for the year- please call 202-966-3299 for information on availability for the new 2023-2024 school year.
How much is tuition and when is it due? Do you offer financial assistance?
- Tuition is due in four installments—due June 15th, October 15th, January 15th and March 15th. Monthly installments are available upon request. Tuition is set at the January board meeting for the following year. We offer financial assistance every year and look forward to being able to offer assistance to families in need.
New Student Applications
- New student applications are due February 10, 2024. Applications received after February will be added to our wait list. We will look to our wait list to fill spaces when they become available.